Work History over the last 10 years
Pod Peer Assistance Liason (PAL)
Served as the in-pod resource for tutoring, library services, translation and help filling out institutional paperwork and writing personal letters.
Law Library Clerk
Served as a resource for those doing research on criminal appeals as well as Habeas Corpus and civil litigation. Also organized, distributed and catalogued institutional postings.
Math Tutor in the Plumbing Vocational class
Tutored students to understand and apply the math necessary to complete the Constructions Basics course and the Plumbing course itself.
Electronics Tech helper
– Install and maintain low voltage services in the institution, such as network switches and cables, camera system and cable tv service.
Educational Accomplishments in Prison
– 2003-2018 Ohio University
Bachelors in Specialized Studies – Existential Psychology
– 2013 Commercial Foods vocation
– 2013-2017 Virginia Electrical Apprenticeship
– 2019 Computer Literacy Course
Volunteer and Community Service in Prison
– Tutored various prisoners for GED or Spanish language
– Tutored S. Woodson in various college level classes. He is trying to get a college education but unable to afford tuition. I have used old materials and those from his support network to help as much as possible.
I volunteer as a mentor in the Shared Allied Management (SAM) program. I work with prisoners one on one that are dealing with mental illness and substance abuse. I was a treatment aide for Anger Management, co-facilitated a creative writing course, organized the creation of a garden and facilitated a relapse prevention course. I currently teach a Spanish language class and help out where I can.